A cookie banner is a consent interface on a website that allows visitors to choose which cookies and trackers to allow during their visit.
Setting up a cookie banner for your website
- In order to install the cookie banner for your website, you will need to follow these simple steps.
- 'Login' to your account by visiting Seers.
- You will land on the dashboard.
- Select 'Consent Management Platform' from the dashboard.
- You will land on your 'domain manager.' This is where you can add your domains.
- In order to add the domains, you must click on the 'add domain' button.
- Then, you will be required to fill out the details. Enter your:
- Domain name
- Scan frequency
- Email address
- Then, click the 'save' button. Your 'domain' will be added.
- Now, click on the 'settings' button at the end.
- You will be taken to the next screen to follow the next steps.
- Select the 'Standard: One-click setup' button
- It will take you to the next section.
- In this section, you will have to copy the script by clicking on the 'copy' button.
- Simply copy this code and paste it on the website HTML head tag.
- Once this is complete the banner will appear on your website.
If you are still not able to see your banner try the following methods;
Go to the 'Select' option:
- In the dashboard, select 'preferences.'
- To enable your cookie banner, tick the option of 'cookie banner' in 'select features.'
- Your banner will appear on your website.
Add the correct code:
- It is very important to add the correct code to display a cookie banner on your website.