What does the Domain Manager do?
Cookie scanning is the automatic process that occurs once a month, once a week, or once a day, based on the scanning frequency selected by Cookie Information. A list of cookies identified on the website is the outcome of a scan.
Scan frequency refers to how often cookie Information scans the domain on a regular basis.
What is the procedure for using the scanner?
The scanner is a web crawler that goes over your website, page by page, looking for cookies. When a domain is added to the Cookie Information Platform, the scan begins and can take up to 24-48 hours to complete.
How to scan the website?
Follow these simple steps to scan your websites against cookies and other tracking technologies:
Step 1- Sign Up for Seers account.
Step 2- Go to your dashboard and select ‘Consent Management Platform.’ You will land on the ‘domain manager’ of this product.
Step 3- In order to run your ‘cookie scan’ or begin using the Consent Management Platform, please click on the ‘Add domain’ button.
Step 4- You will have to enter the following information:
- The ‘name of your domain’
- Pick a ‘scan frequency’
- Your ‘email’
Step 5- Once satisfied with the information entered above, please click on the ‘save’ button.
Step 6- Now you can track the scan results with the help of the following features below:
- The ‘Scan status’ button can be used to check the progress of the scan.
- ‘Report details’ can be used to see details of the scan for your website.
Step 6- In order to make changes to the information added regarding your domain please choose:
- The ‘Edit basics’ button can be used to edit details related to the domain.
- Alternatively, if you wish to remove a domain you can choose the ‘delete domain’ button that can be used to delete the domain inside your domain manager.
For step-by-step guidance on Domain Manager Functions, please see this video.